DR-100MK3 - Dust / debris under screen

KurtisLugo

Gear owned
Tascam DR-100MKIII
I have a question about cleaning dust from under the screen.

I just got my new DR-100MK3 right before it was sold out everywhere - absolutely love the thing, but there is an annoying particle of debris and a small dust particle at the top left corner / edge of the screen.

Yeah... I'll manage... But I'm kind of sensitive about this stuff and was wondering if there are methods for cleaning with compressed air or so, without having to open up this thing too much.

I will mention this. Right out of the box, I noticed the top of my LCD screen was protruding outward from the body of the recorder (not flush with the body) at one corner, some 0,5 - 1 mm.

I just pushed it back with my finger, no prob. But it seemed like this outer part of the screen isn't held on by anything and could possibly be removed without much effort - maybe by using a small suction cup from a kid's toy or bathroom hanger...

I don't want to brake my brand new recorder, though, anyone ever tried pulling the top surface off, to clean their screens?

To update on this a bit;

I tried removing the top surface of the screen with a suction cup. It doesn't come off - something is holding it in place. Didn't want to break it, so I gave up on the suction cup plan.

Looks like I don't have any realistic options to get the dust / particle out without opening up everything (which kind of doesn't seem like a smart move, considering it's a brand new recorder).

Any further ideas or tips, feel free to let me know. :)

Besides the small 'hair' of dust - there is a tiny particle of plastic on the edge, tbh you can only see it when looking at it from a very narrow angle, in bright light.

There's a small gap between the LCD screen and the top surface part of the screen (you can see the bright backlight in this gap when looking from a narrow angle) and the tiny particle of plastic is right there, in between this gap, near the top left corner.

In the big picture, it's a really small thing of course. Sometimes these things just bother you I guess.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.