DR100 MK3 battery replacement

Martin Bibow

From
Copenhagen, Denmark
Gear owned
Tascam DR-100 MKIII
Hi!
I just purchased a DR100 MK3 that´s been unused for the last 5 years, and I want to order a couple of extra batteries for it – but I cannot find the specification for what battery to order. I have googled and searched the product documentation, but I only find specs for the MK2 battery.

Heeeeeeeelp, anybody! (Thanks...)

If you take out the battery of your device, it should have some identification of the part number on it.. Here with the Mark II it's the BP-L2 Lithium-ion battery, could be the same on the Mark III.

too lazy to search lol? Looking at the manual it clearly states the battery and looking it up I found them for sale.

Not gonna tell you the details. Look it up, sheesh

just purchased a DR100 MK3 that´s been unused for the last 5 years
If the Owner Manual and Reference Manual didn't come with the recorder, you can download them from the TASCAM web site. Downloads can be found under the "Support" dropdown. The OM should also describe how to remove the Lithium-ion internal battery, if it's replaceable.

Edit:
From the Reference Manual:
Set whether to use the built-in battery or the AA batteries first when AA batteries are loaded in the unit. With one battery type as the priority power source and the other as the backup source, if the amount of remaining power in the priority source becomes insufficient, the unit can automatically switch to the other source and continue operating.

NOTE • If you set the PHANTOM power switch to ON when the charge of the battery being used is low phantom power will not be enabled.

Last edited:
If you take out the battery of your device, it should have some identification of the part number on it.. Here with the Mark II it's the BP-L2 Lithium-ion battery, could be the same on the Mark III.[/QUO
too lazy to search lol? Looking at the manual it clearly states the battery and looking it up I found them for sale.

Not gonna tell you the details. Look it up, sheesh

Thank you for your constructive, friendly and helpful comment. No, the Mk3 manual from Tascam has no battery id listed. It shows how to remove the lithium ion battery for disposal.

If you take out the battery of your device, it should have some identification of the part number on it.. Here with the Mark II it's the BP-L2 Lithium-ion battery, could be the same on the Mark III.

Thanks, Arjan- I will have the actual unit in a couple of days,- then I’ll open it and find out. It’s not the same as in the MK2 (BP-L2) - that much I have found out. I’ll share the spec once I have opened the unit.

Reactions: Arjan P
charming. google THAT ! fyi the unit takes AA batteries. Straight onto my ignore list, byeeee

Reactions: shredd
If the Mk3 is the same in this respect as the Mk2, the AA batteries are backups for when the main battery (Li-Ion) is used up. That's how I use them, anyway, so not really a solution if the main battery has become worn out.

I couldn't work out how to get into the DR100Mk3! So I use an external USB battery...not very convenient!

New threads

Members online