Driver Available for ML 10.8.2 with DM4800?

RBing00

Gear owned
DM4800
Just upgraded to Mac Pro with Mountain Lion 10.8.2. I cannot locate a driver for the Mac when using the DM4800. Is one out there, or :ugeek: in development? If so, is there a beta release yet? Is anyone using the current 10.7 driver with ML 10.8.2 and does it work OK? Any update would be appreciated.
Thx. Newbe User

RBing00 said:
Just upgraded to Mac Pro with Mountain Lion 10.8.2. I cannot locate a driver for the Mac when using the DM4800. Is one out there, or :ugeek: in development? If so, is there a beta release yet? Is anyone using the current 10.7 driver with ML 10.8.2 and does it work OK? Any update would be appreciated.
Thx. Newbe User

The latest official driver works for some people under Mountain Lion, but since there are many different hardware combinations (2008 6 core Mac Pro up to 2012 Mac book air), we will be releasing an updated driver that works better.

Since a lot of audio software is still not officially supported under 10.8, a lot of people are avoiding the update, or keeping their old machine before switching over to a new Mac (that has 10.8 pre-installed). Apple never makes things easy for the Pro Audio market.

email me at tduffy at tascam.com if you are willing to try the beta version - and note that I always have to say don't do it if you rely on your computer to run your business / studio.

Tom.

Thx for the update
Would be great to try the beta release
Ron

New threads

Members online

No members online now.