Driver for DM3200 for Mac 10.15.5 and Logic Pro X

moises simon

Gear owned
DM3200
Dear friends, I´m trying to get un and running my DM3200 with the if-fw/dmmkii and I have not been able to recognize the device to work thru my Logic Pro X, all the drivers I´ve search are outdated. I´m worried that I won't be able to use this precious Console. Please help.. all the best and health to all..

@moises simon More details on your setup could help us in helping you.

Thank you Peter and good morning..I have the DM3200 installed in the slot1 the IF-FW/DMMKII, the DM3200 recognize the card and in the display says: CARD OK, 1394 DRIVER OFFLINE, Firmware version 1.10 Build #88685. I have a Firewire 400 cable with adapters all the way to the thunderbolt 3, so it is.. 400-800-thunferbolt2-thunderbolt3, all routing OK
I open the Logic Pro X and the software doesn't recognize the card. I downloaded the latest driver IF-FWDM_MKII_188754_Installer.dmg and it didn't work. Don´t what else to do, I'm not an expert on computers..

Last edited:
@moises simon Let me start by asking you a few obvious questions:
1) Is this a brand new setup
2) If not, were you up and running at some point in the not too distant past.
3) What version of IOS are you currently running. High Sierra, etc.
4) Never mind. I re-read your original post and realize that you are running Catalina

I don't know if I can be of much help as I am still using Logic on my Mac Book Pro running High Sierra. My DM is connected directly to my laptop via it's onboard FW connector and my IF-FW/DMMKII has always been detected by Logic.

1) Brand new set up
2) never been using the DM3220 before, IOS Catalina 10.15.5

just checked in the system report on my macbook pro in Hardware FIREWIRE system report and it did recognize the IF-FW/DMMKII, but still, the Logic Pro X doesn´t see it

@moises simon I read a post recently that discussed some security settings on the Mac. Try searching for it. It might be helpful. Are you now seeing the message Driver Online

@Peter Batah Thats correct. The mac needs to have SIP (and/or Gatekeeper) disabled to get the driver to work. You can google how to do this (it's not very difficult).

Reactions: fiverec
I did it, very happy to know people like you guys..Thanks
I disabled the SIP thru terminal in recovery mode on my Mac with OS Catalina, then downloaded the latest driver for Mac OS from the TASCAM web site and now it´s working

To be clear, You have everything working with Mac OS Catalina? I thought it wasn't possible because of needing a 64 bit driver. Let me know.

Hi Tachoir, It´s possible.. The mac needs to have the SIP (and/or Gatekeeper) disabled to get the driver to work. You can search how to do this, I found how to on Google.. After I disabled the SIP, the latest driver on the TASCAM web site was accepted and the Mac recognized the IF-FW/DMMKII
Search on Google..
How to Disable Gatekeeper on macOS Catalina!

Dear all, happy new 2021..
After many months of recording with my DM3200, Now I´ve upgraded to Big Sur OS 11.1 and lost connection to the IF-FW/DMMKII, I disabled the SIP with no avail.. It looks like there is more than just disabling the Gatekeeper..

Good day to all, I believe there is no solution to this problem since I have not received any feedback. Beware of upgrading to Big Sur

Hi Noises Simon; still no result with Big Sur ? I have the same problem; Big Sur/ apple recognizes the card on the firewire bus, but is not in the list of soundcards in the systempreferences.
I found an old card ; the IF-DM . the old model of the mk2 , in this one works fine with Big Sur....strange isn't it ? unfortunately max 48k/24 b...hope there comes a solution

Hi!
This is because the kext that is being used in the driver is using legacy frameworks from macOS. Unfortunately the current driver does not and will never work on Big Sur (unless Tascam puts some resources into modernizing it). With previous versions you could force macOS to recognize it, but thats not a option anymore.

Thank you Ron and Fiber for replying.. sad to hear that we are arriving at the end of the road. T Ron I will try to locate the old IF-DM, no problem with 48K/24bit, 100% of my recording are in tha rate. cheers, Moises

Hi Noises Simon; still no result with Big Sur ? I have the same problem; Big Sur/ apple recognizes the card on the firewire bus, but is not in the list of soundcards in the systempreferences.
I found an old card ; the IF-DM . the old model of the mk2 , in this one works fine with Big Sur....strange isn't it ? unfortunately max 48k/24 b...hope there comes a solution
This is because the older one uses the firewire audio driver thats built into macOS. I have an old FireOne interface that also still works because of this.

New threads

Members online