"Driver offline" Issue

551Studios

Gear owned
DM 4800
I've searched and read all of the related threads, but no concrete answers or solutions... I've seen everything from reinstall software with mixer unplugged, jump something on the FW card, send card back to be reflashed, buy a new FW card for mixer, buy a new FW card for computer... etc etc, no dice.

So here are my specifics:

Machine is a Mac Pro running Mavericks (Could the OS be an issue?)
DM 4800 board with new IF-FW/DM MKII board
Cable is a FW400 to FW800 (Could THIS be an issue?)
Running Cubase 7

Downloaded all software and drivers (to my knowledge)... installed FW card software off of the included CD, downloaded TM companion, and then the drivers (although unsure if they were even installed, or if they were for the computer, or the mixer itself. Definitely unsure of how to install drivers TO the mixer...)

Status of the FW card on the mixer is "Ok", but reads "Driver Offline".

I think I may have had the mixer on and connected to the computer while installing the software... but I went ahead and disconnected the cord and then reinstalled the software, then hooked it back up only for it to still not work...

Need to get this issue sorted out quickly, I have money to make and eager clients to satisfy! Thanks in advance!

"
IF-FW/DMmkII V1.30f6
IFFWDMmkII_Installer_173294_Release.dmg (MAC)318KB
"? No I haven't, I'll download them now. Is that all that has to be done? Download them, and install them on the comp? How do updates/firmware or whatever work in regards to the FW card?

Is that all that has to be done?
Basically yes (at least I hope so). That's TASCAM's beta driver for Mavericks (how those people at Apple made up this stupid OS name? It's not even kind of a pussycat.)

How do updates/firmware or whatever work in regards to the FW card?
Sorry. I have no experience on updating DM's or FW card's firmware with Mac. Only istalled driver once on my poor old Mac back in 2007.

Mixer's now talking with the machine... : ) Thanks so much.

Hopefully I'll be able to set it up like I want pretty easily, if not I guess I'll be back on haha...

Since you asked. Mavericks is a famous surfing location in Northern California (off of Pillar Point) which is North of Cupertino where Apple is located. It is famous for it's big ass surfing waves where the yearly International Mavericks Surf competition is held. All further OSX versions are being named after California locations.

Reactions: captdan
All further OSX versions are being named after California locations.
Hmmm ... naming OS after geographical location just like Microsoft "Cairo", "Chicago", "Detroit", etc back in prehistoric times ... how original ;)

Hopefully I'll be able to set it up like I want pretty easily
You can always dream about it ... but since DM is quite complicated beast I could predict the following:
if not I guess I'll be back on haha...
And of course you are welcome to ask any questions you need.

Hmmm ... naming OS after geographical location just like Microsoft "Cairo", "Chicago", "Detroit", etc back in prehistoric times ... how original

Having spent some time at Apple Central - both in the S.Jobs Era #1 days, as well as the darker, subsequent period when Mr Pepsi was running the joint - I can say with 81% certainty that Apple is what Apple is. It has no peer - as a trademark, a carver of markets, and especially as a company historically managed very much like a cult.

I rest my case. :)

CaptDan

Hmmm ... naming OS after geographical location just like Microsoft "Cairo", "Chicago", "Detroit", etc back in prehistoric times ... how original ;)

Yeah... Gee, if only Apple could be more... innovative, or something.

The beta drivers work great with 10.9.x.

10.9 is really stable and a friendly platform for the DM mixers.
In fact, this is the most stable and trouble-free system I have ever used.
The DM integration is seamless... it just works.

Thinks are working great here... knock silicon....

The next iteration of the Mac OS, "10.10" is named Yosemite.
As a Californian, I like that name.
One of the most beautiful places on Earth.

I'm happy that Apple continues to support the Mac platform.

Apple is what Apple is. It has no peer - as a trademark
Ehm, Apple Corps, right? Wasn't that the parent company of the Apple Records label the Beatles started? In, eh 1968? :cool:

Reactions: captdan

New threads

Staff online

Members online