Duplicate Entire Song

Philip K

Gear owned
Model 12
I wanted to create a copy of an entire song so that I could have a 2 versions and not worry about accidentally screwing up the original. I tried going into storage mode and copying the meter folder on my computer and giving it a new name. It did show up on the Model 12 as a separate song but when I opened it, no sound would play.

Inside the MTR folder is the song folder (which uses the name of your song). Inside that folder are your system files, audio and takes. Most importantly all the separate waves (WAV files) in this folder must be named like this: song_name_TR01, song_name_TR02 etc all the way up to song_name_TR12.

So you have a bit more renaming to do.

Alternatively you could copy the duplicated tracks into the MUSIC folder, create a new song, and then use MTR->Track Edit -> Import to assign those tracks one by one to the new tracks.

It is actually very simple and no you do not have to change any of the individual files.
Make a copy of the song's folder on your computer, then rename the original song on the Model 12. Once it is renamed then take the copied folder on the computer and place it into the MTR folder of the SD card. That way you will have a renamed song and the original titled song. Load which ever version you want to work on.

TIP: If your duplicated song folder adds an extension like "copy" which is what my MacBook Pro does, just delete it so the duplicated folder is the EXACT same name as the original

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.