Effect Routing for record

Sven Reiss

Gear owned
DM-3200
hello, I urgently need help. I've had a DM-3200 for about a year now and so far I'm actually very satisfied with the desk. it was not easy this change because it is my first digital console. Now the problem. I have two Behringer Ultragain Pro-8 ADA8000 converters. one to the internal Adat In / Out and the other to the built-in Adat card. the one connected to the internal serves as additional 8 channel inputs and outputs for the buses. If I now route a channel pair (for example 1 and 2) on bus 1u2, then I can now sample the signal with my MPC, because bus 1 and 2 are the Sampler input for the mpc. Unfortunately, only the dry signal arrives at my sampler or at the computer (bus 3 and 4). the internal effects (aux 1-2) are not transferred. what do I have to route or what is the best way to do it so that I can record the internal effects which I find very good? With the analog console, I have done this so far via the subgroups.

Hi Sven, and welcome to the forum! You'll have to send Aux 1-2 return (or I should say, the fx returns, 'EFF RTN') to Bus 1 -2 as well. So on whichever channels these returns are, you select Bus 1-2 on the Output Assign section for them (and Bus 3-4 for your computer).

Hi Arjan ,

many many thanks for the answer . I think it‘s a good forum here and a good Community .
I will do that and will give you feedback.
Sven

@Sven Reiss I think that you meant to say "Great Forum Here" :LOL: A little early morning humour

Hi Arjan ,
unfortunately I haven't managed to do that yet. could you send me two or three photos of the settings

Sorry, I can't send photos, cause I don't use the mixer the way you do.
Reading back your first post, you talk about internal effects on Aux 1-2, but this cannot be right since the internal effects of the DM3200 are on Aux 5-6 and Aux 7-8. So are you talking about external effects that you send signal to on Aux 1-2? In that case my answer is not correct. But please tell us what you are exactly doing and trying to achieve (I also don't see why you mention the Behringer, for instance).

I use the Behringer DA converter to get the bus signals from the desk to Susen (i.e. via Adat out to the Adat In of the Behringer). the Behringer has analog outputs which I use for the inputs of the sampler or computer audio interface. I would like to send the internal effects or the effects of my external Eventide H9 Max out via the buses. So now I have to know how to do the routing in the desk so that I can record the internal or external effects. and does it make more sense to connect the eventide effects unit via assignable out 1u2 and assignable return 1 and 2?

OK. Well, it doesn't really matter which effects they are, as long as you go to the channels where the effect returns are (whether they're internal or external, they'll be assigned to a channel pair). As long as you select Bus 1-2 ON for those channels, the effects returns will be going to the bus.

Ofcourse, putting an effect's inputs on the ASN OUT 1-2 or 3-4 makes it possible to send signal from all channels to these effects.

Reactions: Peter Batah
I've now set it up so that I use the ASN send and ASN returns 1/2 and 3/4 for external effects and the 5/6 and 7/8 for the internal effects. Then I have channels 33/34 and 35 / 36 flooded the external effects and 37/38 and 39/40 the internal ones of 5/6 and 7/8, then I only have to activate the bus buttons 1-16 on these channels and get the effects via the buses to the outside. I thank you for your help .

Reactions: Peter Batah
Great! Glad you have it working.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.