Effects Returns - Tascam M600

Gabz

Gear owned
None
Hi, I need some help please. I’m trying to teach myself multitrack recording on an analog split mixing console, using the Tascam M600 (24:16:2) as my reference.

I’ve read a fair bit on effects returns and thought I understood them but when I read the Tascam manual I realize I don’t.

The sections that I’m confused about sit in the MASTER MODULE and include the Aux/Mstr Stereo Bus (Control #90), Effects Return (Controls #80 – #86), and the Effects Return Fader (Control #90).

I think I’m getting stuck on the signal flow, (from the aux sends to effects returns and beyond), but I haven’t yet gotten the hang of reading block diagrams.

Does anyone know of any resources or tutorials that specifically relate to the M600 that I could look at? If so I would really appreciate a link or a reference. (I have searched the Internet but can only find general stuff on recording). Thanks.

I used to trace schematics when I was learning by pretending I was driving to a party-also signal flow is from left to right.

Yes, I know that signal flow is L to R, but it's what comes after that that often stumps me.
Thanks for your comment - apologies for my late reply, as I've been off-the-air for some time.
Cheers

New threads

Members online

No members online now.