Export tracks to DAW

LAVRNIUS

Gear owned
32sd 2488 424mk111 dp01fx
If I am going to do all my eq and mixing in a DAW via export track option. Should I master the track first on the 32sd or just get my track levels right and just export the recording?

Reactions: BazzBass
I would just export the raw stems, no point mastering if you are still going to mix it down.

Concentrate on capturing each stem cleanly, with enough input gain so you don't have to boost later which raises the noise floor, though with digital it isn't the big issue it was in the tape days. Keep the levels within the acceptable range, avoiding peaks above 0db though even this is debateable, I've listened to my recordings where I have some peaks and I can't hear any change, nothing horrible. But then again my hearing is rooted lol.

Certainly do some EQing before transfering but be careful to not remove any highs or lows you might need later, better to be conservative at this early stage, you can always remove frequencies that cause issues later,at mixdown or mastering stages, but you cannot ADD missing frequencies.

This is just my 2 cents worth as a home recordist with crap hearing hehe

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online