External effects units for DP24SD

Dean82

Gear owned
Tascam dp24sd
Hi

I'm looking to buy an (external) effects unit which will work well with my DP24SD. It'll mainly be used for vocals and drums, so I think I want a 'rack' rather than a pedal.

The features of the Lexicon MX200 looks like it might be a possibility, however the Tascam's specs suggest that its eff-send outputs are more geared towards the lower-level -10 standard.

Does anyone have a good experience of using this machine with a DP24SD and can anyone suggest other 'affordable' makes/models with similarly good attributes as the Lexicon MX200 that are compatible with my Tascam?

Thanks!

Yep - the "sends" of the DP-24SD are relatively low level. I send the output signal through a preamp before going to my outboard gear.

Thanks David.
Do you own a Lexicon MX200 and if so, could you recommend it for vocals and drums?
Regards

I also use all my Reaper plugins by running the channel through Reaper and back to the DP. There are a few plugins that don't play along but I have found most work without issue.

FP

Hi FP (great username by the way!)
Thanks for your posts.

If you use the Behringer with the Tascam, does it need a pre-amp?

Reactions: Felonious Punk
Hey Bugatti!

I use it as an FX 2 send and assign it to a Stereo Bus. In my case Stereo Bus F. I have not felt the need to use an additional preamp. I can tweak the level using the FX send knob.

I hope this answers your question.

FP

Reactions: Bugatti
Hi FP !

That’s exactly the answer I was hoping for! Can’t wait to get one now.

You’ve been a tremendous help. Kudos!

Reactions: Felonious Punk

New threads

Members online