Fade in on Mastering File

Jeff Taylor

Gear owned
DP-24SD, DP-008EX
I import audio files that I create on Band in a Box to the Tascam DP-24SD. When imported, they start right at zero. This all sounds great until I do a final mixdown and mastering (including compression). Then upon playback the master file fades in the first few milliseconds of my audio track. Is there anyway to avoid this? It's obvious from other forum discussions that you can't back up the "in" set point farther back than 00:00:00.

You could move your song a few bars/seconds so it doesn't start at time zero and repeat the mixdown. There's a Track Edit function to insert a period of silence (called Open). You can select all tracks so it will do the whole song. I'm not on the machine at the moment so can't give you exact instructions. The icons on the Track Edit screen are useful to show what each function does. You could also use the Move/Paste function but this is more complex if the 'insert silence' is sufficient.

Is it easier to add a few seconds to the front of the project on all tracks before export?

I guess it depends how Band In A Box creates the files and what facilities you have on the computer, but yes, doing it before the tracks get imported into the DP machine is a valid option.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.