Fader Grouping

JImM

Gear owned
DP-32SD
Hello all.

Is it just me...or?

Page 54 of (DP-32SD) manual says if group master fader (lowest # fader) changes, say because I have ungrouped it, the track level fader levels are set back to their physical values. Doesn't seem to work.

Lets say I group faders 1,2,3. Master fader is then #1. If I decrease fader 1 to zero (so all levels go to zero), and then ungroup fader 1, 2 &3 levels stay at zero.

This is disconcerting because even though faders 2 & 3 are up, I get no sound. I go have a few beers, forget what I did an hour ago, and when I return there is mysteriously no sound, unless I happen to move those faders and then the level jumps back to physical value.

More disconcerting.... say I have all 20 faders set to perfection for a mix. I group them all in order to fade out my song. When I ungroup I have to physically move every fader to get them back to physical values, which have now changed because I had to move the damned things!

That seems to be how it is. Have just covered this in the tutorial videos but don't offer a solution - I just repeat the warning which is in the manual. I think you can get back to the original level by keeping the mixer screen open and select each track one by one, then make a mental note of the level before moving the fader... but you'll still get the jump! If you've got a group as large as this, why not use the master stereo fader?
Update: have just confirmed restoring the levels, although you're right, that only works for the slave faders as long as you don't move the master. I'm wondering if the whole grouping system is right. With a conventional mixer, if you take a track out of a group, its contribution goes to zero immediately. With this one, it stays put... unless you create a new group master when it all goes pear-shaped!

Last edited:
I dont want to use the stereo fader because, for example, I may have a pre-fade effect (like reverb) which I want to hang around after the song fades...

Well I learned two things..I'm not missing something, and, the meaning the of the expression pear-shaped :}

New threads

Members online

No members online now.