Fender Newporter Acoustic

Lyrikal Israel

Gear owned
Tascam DP32SD
Has anyone played this acoustic guitar?

I just found about this Newporter as I haven't checked out any guitars or equipment for over 10 years but I'm definitely going to get it.

I have all Fender guitars a Fender Stratacoustic a Fender Stratocaster, Fender Jazz bass. I use a Fender Frontman 212R, Fender Champion 100 and a Fender Rumble 350.

I have a couple of effect pedals as well Boss Super Over Drive SD-1 Boss Digital Delay DD-7, Boss Distortion DS-1, Behringer Super Fuzz SF3000, Fame Looper and Fame Kadratur.

My drums are Pearl forum's with silver Fame 14 medium hihat, 14 medium crash, 16, medium crash, 18 medium crash and a 20 medium ride and Pearl Congas and bongos.
I'll mic the drums with
  • 1 x TA-8330 Kick Drum Mic
  • 4 x TA-8230 Snare Drum/Tom-Tom Mic
  • 2 x PCM-6100 Overhead Condenser Mics
The drum mics are a store brand called Gear4Music which I just purchased today and had great reviews so time will tell if they are worthy of my needs, I just want to hear my drums holding it together tight within the mix.

For my vocals I use a AKG Perception 220. Recording will be done with the DP32SD plus I have the DP2488 Neo. Rocket 8 studio monitors and a Casio keyboard CTK-720 but I'm going to replace it with something a bit more powerful, I'll use it mainly for the piano and strings and Brass.

I'm grateful for what I have and I love all my equipment. It's now time to put it all to use.

Best of success to you all in your musical production endeavors...

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.