File Error

Dave I

From
Hayward WI
Website
www.reverbnation.com
Gear owned
dp24 dp01fx porta1 4 tra
I have been recording with my dp 24 for three yeas now. I was working on a new song on an SD card with several songs already recorded. I saved it, shut down the unit, came back the next day and got a message in an Error box reading "File Error." I assumed maybe I was filling up the card and got a new on. I started the project over on a new card after several hours of recording I saved the project and shut down the unit. Went back the next day to begin listening and mixing and the same Error Box came up with same message "File Error". The new SD card was full formatted the long way. I called Teac support and he told me to update the firmware and has now twice implied it is an update problem. I have retrieved the files and reassembled them in garage band. I am re-formatting the card will try a small experiment again.....to see if there is still a problem.

Anybody encounter this?

Make sure the bit settings are the same; you will get an error message if a song is recorded at 16bit and try to relate it to 24bit song. That's only I seen that kind of error.

Members online