FIREWIRE CARD IF/FE DMMKII not reading from 4800 to CPU

Studio 17

Gear owned
tascam dm4800
I have recently purchased the dm4800 and the firewire card, along with a brand new hp pc. I have the tascam companion working fine through my pc, and have the firewire card hooked up but on the status the card reads ok but the 1394 says no cable it will sometimes pop up and say locked for a second then go back to no cable i have downloaded all the drivers necessary for windows 7 and tried slot1 first now ive trried slot 3 and says the same thing i ALso moved my firewire ports in my cpu to another outlet and still the same thing. i am trying to open my commercial facility, but this is my only hold up. Someone PLEASE HALP!!!!

Hi, I had a friend with the same problem, it's the FireWire card in your PC, he ended up buying a Texas Instruments card and it works fine now

I BOUGHT A BRAND NEW ONE, STARTECH 2 PORT PCI CARD IM NOT SURE AS TO WHY IT WOULDNT WORK IT IS BRAND NEW... I AM ABOUT TO GO BUY A NEW FIREWIRE CABLE AND SEE IF THAT MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM. WHERE CAN I GET A TEXAS INSTRUMENT CARD FROM?

Probably amazon, PC world, if you can wait a day, I will call him to find the exact one. FireWire cards on PC's are funny, also make sure it's FireWire 400 and not 800

ya they are firewire 400 ports i just dont understand if this card is brand new why it would cause a problem

It's not a question if the card is brand new or not, its just one of those quirky problems, he could be to do with the drivers of that card and how it's configured to windows

We have went thru every driver. Do you have a link to a particular one that you know would with windows 7? And im assuming when you say firewire card you are referingvtovthe iffwdmmkii and not the cpu firewire card correct?

Any Texes Interment FireWire Card should solve the problem

I'm having the same probably.it shows up but has an explenation mark next to it,and I'm on windows 7 also.

New threads

Members online