Firewire card

PCI TI Chipset by Sigma.

VIA VT6308 chipset on Asus P6TD Deluxe main board.

i think i need Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller driver but for W7 64bits but i cant find it on the web :( help me :(

It comes with windows. The drivers are native and also remember to use legacy version, not the default.

i'm soo upset ... i can't get my tascam to work ... i can't record ... sound come out from my DAW ( cubase & sonar ) but i cant record :( i'm doing something wrong , can anyone make a video how to routh my tascam please

When you say that sound is coming out from your DAW, do you mean THROUGH your DM and into your monitors? Or do you mean out of your computer's sound card and into your computer speakers? If you mean through your computer's sound card and into your computer speakers, then you probably need to go to Start/Control Panel/Sound. Then look within the list of devices and find the one labled "IF-FW/DM MKII Audio". Right Click on it, and select "Set As default Device".

Now right click on it again, and select Properties. Under the GENERAL tab, at the bottom, make sure "Use This Device (enable)" is selected. Next, go to the LEVELS Tab, and make sure it is at 100%. Now go to the "ADVANCED" tab, and select the sample rate and bit depth you want to use. I have both boxes checked under "Exclusive Mode".

Now, press "Test". You should hear the test chimes coming out of your DM. If you don't, you have your FW card routing wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiber
BTW, make sure you have your FW returns, SLOT1-1 and SLOT1-2, assigned to a pair of inputs in your DM. Bring these faders up to unity, select them, make sure your STEREO buss button for "output assign" is lit up, and make sure your STEREO fader is at unity. Adjust your CR knob or headphones as necessary.

As for your original post, I have my IF-FW/DM MKII card plugged into my built-in FW port on my ASUS Motherboard. It's a TI.

If you go to Start/Control panel/Device manager/IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controller, you can change the driver software by selecting it, right click, and then select "update Driver software". Choose "Browse My Computer...", "Let Me Pick from a List...." "Show compatible software..."then select "1394 OHCI compliant Host Controller (Legacy)". Hit NEXT, let it install, done.

You should also be seeing your IF-FW/DM MKII card listed under "Sound, Video, Game Controllers" within your device manager.

When you say that sound is coming out from your DAW, do you mean THROUGH your DM and into your monitors? Or do you mean out of your computer's sound card and into your computer speakers? If you mean through your computer's sound card and into your computer speakers, then you probably need to go to Start/Control Panel/Sound. Then look within the list of devices and find the one labled "IF-FW/DM MKII Audio". Right Click on it, and select "Set As default Device".

Now right click on it again, and select Properties. Under the GENERAL tab, at the bottom, make sure "Use This Device (enable)" is selected. Next, go to the LEVELS Tab, and make sure it is at 100%. Now go to the "ADVANCED" tab, and select the sample rate and bit depth you want to use. I have both boxes checked under "Exclusive Mode".

Now, press "Test". You should hear the test chimes coming out of your DM. If you don't, you have your FW card routing wrong.

sound comes out through the dm ... not my sound card

BTW, make sure you have your FW returns, SLOT1-1 and SLOT1-2, assigned to a pair of inputs in your DM. Bring these faders up to unity, select them, make sure your STEREO buss button for "output assign" is lit up, and make sure your STEREO fader is at unity. Adjust your CR knob or headphones as necessary.

can you be more specific? :D btw my dm it's routh like this ... evry singel step http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/dm3200-dm4800-setup-with-sonar-elaborate-version.432/

Ok, if you have your DM setup this way, you are sending your input signal through your channel module, and then out through the individual busses, then out through your FW. Are your Buss faders all set up to unity?

There are numerous posts here about using "Input Bypass" instead of routing through your busses, then to your DAW. You may want to check out some of those posts. Although, the setup you have here will work.

it's working :D yeeeeeeeei :D a million tanks man :D

Reactions: captdan
Do you mean, " why are channels 17/18 assigned as the master returns into my DM?" The answer is because the step-by-step you followed is set up only for someone who wants to only use the first 16 channels for the FW card input and output. But there are 32 channels available. If you want to use the full 32 channels in and out, which most of us do, then channels 31/32 could be your STREREO buss out into Sonar, and, as for Sonar's stereo master return, you could put them anywhere into any two channels back into the board. Just assign SLOT1-1 and SLOT1-2 anywhere.

Once you get comfortable with the routing into and out of Sonar, I mildly suggest assigning SLOT1-1 to SLOT1-16 to be the input Returns (RTNs) for the first 16 channels of your DM for mixing in the DM, and SLOT1-1 SLOT1-2 assigned to DM channels 33/34. That way, DM channels 33/34 are always your Sonar Stereo Buss returns and DM RETURN channels 1-16 are always your individual channel returns from Sonar when ever you select "Source invert" for those channels. I also suggest using "Input Bypass" for your 32 FW channels out to Sonar. More about that here:

http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/pre-fader-direct-outs.983/#post-10596
Read the whole thread.

New threads

Members online