Firmware 2.01 for DR-22WL released Dec 2016

tmmlrd

Gear owned
DR-22WL
I just saw it. Release note says:

Maintenance items
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fixes in version 2.01

- Operation stability has been improved.

Did someone try it? Still device freezing issues when working with wifi, as occurred to several users with v 2.0?

Please share here so we can have some statistics (after all reliability has to do with statistics, even in my own case sometime the recorder frozen, some other cases it didn't with v2.0).

Hello tmmlrd, yessss, the new firmware did the trick. Just install the new 2.01 firmeware and your precious Tascam does not stop (freezes) after 29 minutes. Pfff. A great relief. Contact with the helpdesk of Tascam? No response. Contact with my seller? No response. Had no experience. Unacceptable and unprofessional. Only a tiny suggestion to reinstall the latest firmware again. Happily it works fine now. While the programmers of Tascam were busy trying to fix their bug, the helpdesk did not take the effort and responsibility to inform the users. They have let us completely in the dark and did not response that they started to work on the problem of this handheld. But now: happy again, because it is a fine tool. So thanks.

Did you make the test with wifi control? I tested without wifi and was ok, not yet with the wifi on. Still crossing my fingers, the wifi remote contro was the real plus of this recorder wrt other competitors.

New threads

Members online