Footswitch for Model 12

Chad Mullet

Gear owned
Tascam Model 12
What footswitch options work with the Model 12?
The manual only gives the 1 option RC-1F.
Does the RC-3F work with it?
And what all functions can be controlled with it?
Thank you.

Page 56 in the Model 12 manual shows the functions. Looks like it will control start/stop, punch-in, and more. I’ve read other posts that said to use the Tascam footswitch listed as others didn’t work correctly for them. YMMV

You can connect either a single; two singles (with a splitter) or a dual. In other words, the port will accept either a 1/4" TS single switch; or a 1/4" TRS plug for either a splitter or dual switch.

I am not sure the rc3f would work as that has three switches and the connector is a 1/8" TRRS.

There is no real reason that you must use a Tascam footswitch. All it's doing is opening and closing a switch, it's all analog; the electricity doesn't know what brand it is!

I have also heard someone say they couldn't get it to work but... well, I am skeptical, because I mostly have heard a lot of people say that THEY have heard that a friend of a friend of a friend heard from a friend that a non-Tascam switch was wonky.

IMO it's more likely they were using the wrong switch type, or failed to set polarity up right (read the manual) or just got a bum switch. I sometimes wonder if all the people like us are just repeating that one guy!

Anyway, so long as you have the right type (momentary vs. latching) and the right TRS wiring (wouldn't matter for a TS plug) and no doohickeys (no "LED lights" for example) it should be fine.

Reactions: Chad Mullet
That’s entirely true; just repeating what I read in the GearSlutz Model 12 thread. I would imagine it was a polarity issue, hence the advice to just use what’s recommended.

Reactions: Chad Mullet
I use the foot switch from the Trio+ Band Creator. Ist works fine in my model 12.

I use a Tascam RC-30P from my 1980's Tascam 234 four track cassette recorder. It's a momentary switch. It wouldn't work. After 6 months I changed the polarity and now it works fine.

I have 2 of the RC-1 controllers that are recommended and have them plugged in via Hosa Y cable 1/4 in TRS to Dual 1/4 in TRSF and haven't been able to get both pedals to work. I don't know if its because its a stereo adapter or what but I have ordered a mono adapter and will update once it arrives.

Sorry, I know it's been a while. I must figure out how to be alerted when there is a reply of follow up of something I've posted. Anyway, sorry to say it didn't work. I've tried every type of connection I could think of and tried every different polarity position in the recorder but never got more than 1 pedal to work at one time. If anyone knows more about this, or has a possible solution I would love to know!

Okey. Thanks anyway for reply. Im just going to receive my model 12 and would like to use it from longer distant with footpedal. Im going to try first with just peawey classic 30 footswitch and hope it will work.

Hi! Just wanted to inform that it is working with peavey classic 30 footswitch. So I suppose it will work with every other guitar amp footswitch as well.

Will this work with the model 16 / 24?
I'm crazy tired of reaching over the mixer to do another take.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.