Fw1082 MIDI feedback from Cubase

Goliath

Gear owned
fw-1082
Hi folks!

I'm using FW1082 with Cubase 9.5 and WIN7 x64 without problems, the fader can reads the automation from audio tracks but my target is to get moving fader from MIDI events instead.
In my setting device i've add (as described in manual) a Mackie Control device, of course the TASCAM also have the "mackie control emulation" enabled, everything works fine except a feedback from MIDI faders.

In "MIDI CONTROL" mode i can record the MIDI messages events ( CC1 Modulation , CC11 Expression and so on) to play with my desired virtual instruments, if in the same channel with "Midi Send" i route the MIDI information back to fw1082 the faders doesn't move.

Someone have also tryed or have a solution to this? In "COMPUTER" mode with AUDIO tracks it works perfectly, i want to apply the same concept with MIDI protocol.

Thank you, best regards!

Hi I got your message to my email, but I don't fully understand. I mostly use my FW-1884 with Cubase, while my FW-1082 has been in use mostly as a simple monitor mixer for 4 DAW PC's, but it should be the same for either Tascam units. With my FW-1884 I also use the Mackie mode with it, and in Cubase too. I've only used my Tascam's in "COMPUTER" mode only though. If I'm even close to understanding your question, it sounds like you want both, moving the Tascams hardware faders, and having Cubase's software faders move, as well as moving Cubase's software faders, and having the Tascams hardware fader's move? If so, the only thing that comes to mind, is that in "COMPUTER" mode at least, I have to have the midi IN 'and' midi OUT entered in Cubase for the Tascam FW unit, otherwise the faders won't follow both ways as I've described above. I have to imagine this is the same with either 'mode' you choose.
As far as "midi feedback" that's something entirely different in my mind at the moment, and I have a post describing how to eliminate 'bleep sounds' caused when pressing most any button on the Tascam while on an Instrument Track within Cubase, which is annoying. This has nothing to do with the setting for my software & hardware faders to follow each other.

This is the midi feedback solution that I was referring to from when pressing buttons on the Tascam, and unwanted momentary triggering VSTi sounds, heard as annoying bleep sounds.
"The bleeps you are hearing are a MIDI feedback. You should use your controller in Mackie Control mode and then go into the MIDI port setup in Cubase and select the FW-1884 port and uncheck "in all MIDI." This will get rid of the bleeps."
The above solution was critical to get both the hardware & software faders to follow each other. Don't know if this will help solve your particular issue in the 'midi mode'. Mid Port setup looks like this below, except the boxes for midi input and midi output will have the Tascam FW unit listed (not rtpMidi as shown).
cubase_setup1.gif

Last edited:
Hi Steve, thank you for your reply.

For "midi feedback" i was meaning that the Tascam fader mapped to send a MIDI control can also receive the information of MIDI data from my DAW, the same approach of audio automation.

I have tryed a lot of configurations, different emulations from 1082 control panel and settings of MIDI ports but TASCAM doesn't follow the MIDI information ( computer or midi mode is the same).

For last, sure, if you check the voice "all midi input" inside "tascam 1082/1884 control" you get midi messages also inside your VST, because Cubase listen all the informations, including the MIDI data for the standard mackie control.

New threads

Members online