Fw1884 no FireWire light on

Rabbit

Gear owned
Tascam M-35, Tascam DA-88
I purchased one of these last night specifically to use its midi ports and control surface. I bought it from a man who got it new at guitar center and used it to record classical music at home. Unit is pristine, clean and no wear. He didn't have it plugged into a computer or anything but he powered it on and the FireWire light was on.

Now today I bring it in from the car and plug it in to see and only the clock light is on. I'm a bit worried. I still haven't went out to purchase a ti FireWire card.

I can corroborate what Deering says, the firewire light never comes on with my FW-1884 or FW-1082 until connecting it to a computer and have the 'proper drivers' installed. The only exception to this is when you 1st power it up, when ALL lights come on momentarily.

I'd say don't worry about the firewire light until you've done the above connection/driver. Make sure your firewire is also a 6-wire powered type as well. When I've used my units with a 4-wire +adapter, it took a long time to 'warm up' until my firewire light came on. Now that I'm using my Tascams with my Lenovo ThinkStation D-20 PC's on board firewire ports which has the TI chip (Win 7 64 bit installed) it comes on almost immediately.

New threads

Members online