Help adat connection to DAW and effects

Discussion in 'TASCAM DM-24' started by Mechamilk, May 4, 2019.

1. Mechamilk

Mechamilk New Member

Gear:
    dm 24
    Hello,
    THE SETUP:

I have a DM24 with a optional ADAT card in slot 1.
    All adat are connected to a pulsar 2 to my DAW. The DM24 is in slave mode and in sync with no problems.
    I have some synths connected on line inputs to the DM24, i send each channel to aux 1-2 , 3-4, 5-6, 7-8 then send it to my soundacrd via ADAT.
    The stereo out of my DAW is sent via ADAT to the DM24 on a separate channel.
    Every channel is stereo with stereo fader selected.

THE ISSUE:

If i listen to direct output of each channel the sound is clear and perfect, if i listen to the sound that come back from the ADAT it crackels like a desync or a faulty ADAT connection. It crackles more if i listen to more channels from adat at the same time. Its like 2 of the same signals are going to the stereo out.

I struggle to find the good setup on the input and output ASSIGN page.

I also have some external effects and i would like to use it on send return channels to be able to send every channel to an effect and manage the return with a fader.

I need help, its driving me crazy.
    Any help, tutorial, hint or idea is welcome. I search for pics or explanation of the ASSIGN page, any hint to what i can and can't send on ASSIGN out and how to add my effects to the DM24.
    Thank you.
  2. Will Miho

Will Miho Member

Gear:
    DM4800 DM24
    Clock issue. Try the DM24 as the master device.
    Make sure the card and the DAW expect the clock from the DM24.

- Will Miho
  3. Mechamilk

Mechamilk New Member

Gear:
    dm 24
    Hello and thank you for the reply.
    Meanwhile i ve opened the DM-24 and found 3 capacitors puffed. I already changed 2 and i'm waiting the last one.
    I know that it wasnt a sync problem because it happened only on some channels and with send returns on the same adat slot.
    I will post after replacing the last capacitor. Finger crossed...