Help finding a DM-24 Firewire card

papacarchy54

Gear owned
DM24
I just purchased a very well-cared for DM-24

However, I'm a bit stunned to discover it doesn't appear that its easy to locate a firewire card for this slightly older model

Can anyone help with a suggestion?

You will not have easy to find.
My is damaged and I was looking and looking for a long time.
I fixed the old one.
I think we'll have a big problem to find such a card.

Yes. These ones are hard to find nowadays. But There's at least couple of members here using IF-FW/DM mkI with their DM-3200s. You may ask them if one of them want to sell one for a price of mkII card.
Members I'm talking about are: fendersonpile and Tollak

i´m looking for a dm 24 fire wire card
can anyone help find one?

I recommend a Motu 2408MKIII (but this requires a desktop pc). This will gain you 3x ADAT connection and 8 line in/outputs...

Make sure the MOTU has a 404 card. This 404 card has drivers for all known OS'ses.

i´m trying to get away from motu.
i have a 896mk3 and it always disconnects from my mac while i use it
anybody heard about this problem?

Muziekschuur said:
I recommend a Motu 2408MKIII (but this requires a desktop pc). This will gain you 3x ADAT connection and 8 line in/outputs...

Make sure the MOTU has a 404 card. This 404 card has drivers for all known OS'ses.

I think you mean 424 card (PCI-424 or PCIe-424). The 2408 also does on the fly format conversion and TDIF<->lightpipe conversion as well (even standalone). Very handy units. I've had mine for years and never had any issues with it with my DM-24.

Thank you Gerk...

I'm stoked to see you here again...

Frans

To use a MOTU 2408 is a big expense. Interface only costs about 300 euros, plus you have three TDIF cables. One good cable costs 100 euros. That is a total of 600 euros.

If TDIF cables cost 100 Euros, then make them yourself. Even a flat ribbon cable works fine for TDIF, and will cost you maybe what, $70 in parts? I dunno, we have no VAT here.

New threads

Members online