Help! i Can't playback recordings

hi. i reset all of the ribbons and the white plastic power plug as well as the ram.
Still no go and doing the same thing.
I'm going to put it on eBay and reverb tomorrow.
I paid $150 for it , i think?
so i'll try to see if i can at least get that.
I guess ill throw in the brand new ext scsi i bought.
Boy what a disappointment.
Thanks all!

This one has an analog card? People are always looking for these, as long as thats not the problem. Thats a thought, disconnect the analog card and see if you still have the problem. If you do reconnect the analog card and disconnect the digital card.
There could be a problem with one of the cards causing the pegged meters?

I may buy the analog card off you? You could still sell the MX without it? Just a thought. I am picking up a 3rd MX with a IF-AE24 card but no analog card.

Alan.

Sorry to hear that, Jon. Anyway, you might try what Alan suggests. If the digital card is defective and causing all that mess, it wouldn't be a big deal getting one of those (at least the ADAT and AES/EBU cards are currently available on eBay). MX-2424 is overall a great machine (excellent design by TimeLine) with some known flaws (connectors, switches, PSU and air flow preventing heat building up) that can be easily solved in most cases. However, as with any electrical device older than 10 years, some components may go out of specs or just fail.

Cheers.

New threads

Members online