SkywaveTDR

Soundaholic
From
Chicago area
Website
s609729863.onlinehome.us
Gear owned
Teac, Tascam, Sony
Most people know of me from all the years I have been around. I am Sam Palermo of Skywave Tape Deck Repair near Chicago. Over the years I have come to work on tape decks probably from the time of 1978 and still work on them today. I have been employed at Teac Factory Service in the 80's that was in Arlington Heights IL. After that I worked at a Sony Authorized station and was at times borrowed out to help at Sony Factory Facilities in Westmont and Niles. They are all gone now.
During my time in Radio (ESPN, WLEY, WMBI and others) that I spent 14 years in they had tape decks there then as well and I worked at home on customer units. When I was working for Hughes putting video devices on planes it was again tape- 1/2" and 8mm type. Well tape has seemed to disappear from the main Radio stations but there are still many people using decks for home and studios they may run. It will be around for a while- Well now you know some about me and if you have more questions I can answer them just contact me.

Reactions: Arjan P and -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.