Here's Another LCD Fix Alternative

It is standard forum etiquette to post a message only once. Posting the same message 8 times will get you banned anywhere, not just here. Cool your jets. Thanks for the warning, but once is enough.

Reactions: DJ X
@Gravity Jim as a new member to ANY forum (this being my FIRST!!), it would be nice if the response I got from ANYONE especially the Admin of this site would be an explanation of how things work. INSTEAD he sends me a PM calling me a selfish A**hole?!! That is professional etiquette in your opinion?

My original PM was not rude at all, but you kept going bananas in your replies and being, well, a selfish a**hole. Anyway, since you're new to forums (which sounds odd, since you know what a PM is), take some advice and stop replying to this thread.

For the record, I banned the eBay seller in question from this forum several months ago for posting fake testimonials about his auctions.

I'm new to forums not social media DJ X therefore I know what "PM" means. What a lousy way to come to a conclusion on your part. And how did I go bananas? I was explaining to you my reason for it and apologized my multiple posts bothered you... You're response to that was very rude. This was my "bananas rant" you claim:

I'm sorry the multiple posts has bothered you. It seems that the conversation of a replacement screen comes up in various threads and not everyone reads all the threads, right? I am only posting them to warn other fellow tascam users. I am not making this up. I have a repair bill for what happened and am getting tascam to give me a diagnostic report of what happened since I did take them the screen that guy sold me. They tested it. The ground pin he wire was not in the correct position and cause the motherboard to fry. I have nothing to hide and am being honest. If you want to call the Tascam tech and verify everything with him let me know and I will give you my RMA and his name/number.

Just wondering where the "going bananas" part is and where I was rude to you???

Standard Troll Procedure. Act stupid, plead ignorance, go off about how badly you were treated.

Well, I check in here on this rainy Monday morning and see this 'compelling' thread. At the risk of extending the issue any further than necessary, my 2 cents:

Jim and DJ-X pretty much got it nailed. :)

CaptDan

Well, troll or not - the reason for posting the experience (be it in too many topics) seems sincere. There's so much detail in it that I see no reason to doubt the report itself.

Reactions: DM3200_CA
Another warning about that eBay auction - I bought it (didn't think I could get the Tascam one...hmph). It's an ugly hack, and it didn't work.

Hope my DM24 isn't worse now than it was before.:evil:

This Marc guy lives 15 minutes from me and I was actually going to have him do some repairs including the installation of my 2SeeMy card until I spoke to him on the phone. When I called, it sounded like his mother answered. I introduced myself and asked for Marc. She said "hold a second" pulled the phone away from her mouth and screamed "Marc!!!....phone!!!!!". When he finally picked up the extension his voice was groggy like he had just woken up (it was 11:30am). I felt like it was 1985 and I was calling one of my high school buddies to see if they wanted to hang out....plain old weird! From that point on the conversation went completely south. He sounded unprofessional, admitted he never touched a DM3200 or a DM4800 and that he didn't have a car so if I wanted him to do any work I would have to pick him up. Oh! I almost forgot the best part of the conversation! I told him that I had printed out the installation instructions for the 2SeeMy card. He said he only had experience with installing the 2SeeMy in the DM24 and to prove how vast his electronic knowledge was, he requested that I didn't show him the instructions.....Needless to say I passed on using his services. I ended up installing the card myself (using my printed instructions) and I'm glad I did because it was ridiculously easy.

Last edited:
If he has a future at Radio Shack, I would suggest it start at one of the 1100 stores they are closing.

New threads

Members online