Hi from Seattle

Mark Nicholson

From
San Diego, CA
Gear owned
Model 12
Hi everyone, Mark here. I have just bought a Model 12 to be the center of my home studio.

So far I have a microphone in port 1 dedicated to speech, for a YouTube channel I run on optical design methods. Then, for music, I have a Boss Katana connected, which handles everything guitar and bass related. I do have an old Digitech floor mounted bass amp modeler and fx unit, somewhere in the basement and I'll fish that out soon.

Then I have a Trio+ bass/drum song creator plugged in as well. This is a spectacular device for lockdown days. It's all the band I'll be able to play with until about April of 2021! And last a BeatBuddy drum machine pedal, which is really a nice piece of kit. If you're prepared to put a bit of work into it, it can sound really good. I'm sure that's true of the Model 12 too.

So I have three mono ports left open, plus the 9/10 stereo channel and 11/12 which are used by the sub bus, so I think I'm fixed up for now. I'm still learning how to route the signals around, and won't get into recording or DAW-like stuff for a while. I have a really simple path for the vocal channel for my YouTube channel, and that works really well. Best sound I've produced so far.

When I was a kid I had an old Philips reel to reel tape recorder, given to me well-used by my uncle and I really got into recording with it. It didn't survive me going to college in the mid-70s, so I'll be going back to my roots with recording. People on this forum have already been very helpful to me.

- Mark

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ X and -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.