Hitting DM4800 presses tons of buttons, Emergency System Halt

Nick C

Gear owned
DM4800 / MBP (OS 10.15.5)
Hello All,

Recently I've been having the most funny and infuriating issue. This happens daily, but today I turned the board on, and it gave me a message saying "Emergency System Halt." I rebooted the board multiple times to no resolution, then, i hit the board in the space under the faders. It gave me an error screen, I rebooted it one more time, and it worked.

I've noticed that hitting the area below the faders will press tons of buttons and will dial encoders. sometimes some of the buttons will flicker.

I'm guessing it might be a bad ribbon cable? Or maybe this is a mainboard error?

Any thoughts would help

I'd check your power supply with a oscilloscope to see if it's running stable (and just visually inspect the capacitors).

Reseating connectors is free and easy.

I've noticed that hitting the area below the faders will press tons of buttons and will dial encoders.
Sounds like a common ground is disconnected (or connected) while you press the mixer area below the faders - but connector interface trouble could very well be the case..

Reminds me of an issue with an airplane I worked on: Jumping up and down in the forward galley area would trigger a right engine fire warning. Nice one to trouble shoot: it also was a false ground through bad plug internal insulation.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.