Horrible service

darcy

Gear owned
many
I have had my DP32 unit in my house for less the one month before one of the inputs broke... the tascam company has now had my unit since mid october... this is unacceptable... they have have had the unit longer then I owned it... bull, waiting for a part to arrive is the excuse they give me... 3 months???

I should have just returned the unit and bought something else... never will I buy a tascam product again.

Generally speaking, this forum is populated by people who really like their Tascam recorders. I have had excellent service from mine, and have never had need to communicate with their support. Very sorry you are having problems.

Though you have not asked anything from us, I will offer this - deal with the retailer. The company you bought the DP from likely has the flexibility to exchange the DP, offer a refund, send you an "open-box" unit as a temporary replacement, possibly send the defective unit directly to repair with additional clout, arrange a local rep[air that would be completed more quickly...

Matt B

Reactions: -mjk-
@Matt B my thoughts exactly. Make the seller advocate.

Not to hammer the subject, but from landlording, to income tax prep. to real estate, even to cool musical gear, so many of my problems have found resolution by first asking "who did I give the money to."

Reactions: -mjk-
Who are you dealing with? In the USA the Tascam service stations have mostly dried up and what is left are cell phone card changers. These digital items should not be hard to repair as all they do is change modules- get it back and exchange it for another is the best solution. The service station of Tascam I called for help never even called me back. This is what you get from know- nothings.
Now I do Tascam repairs but Analog items not digital.

New threads

Members online