Hotmail...not mail..?

Chaz Sutherland

From
Inland Empire, SoCal
Gear owned
DP-24SD
Just curious. …but I tried to update my email to one I use and have access to most often (desktop, tablets, mobiles, etc.,) but it says it was banned. I'm not sure why, but figure it might be that some forums don't like Hotmail accounts and this might be one.

If that's the case—and this is simple curiosity—I'd love to know why Hotmail seems to be such a pariah.

If not, then why my email account in particular?

Depends on what you call 'free'. Giving one's data (including email subject content) away to Google for a 'free' email account is something I wouldn't call free.

I still use several hotmail accounts for this reason alone. No, Microsoft is no saint either, but they don't poke in people's email, AFAIK.

As for the original question: maybe a forum moderator know more about this..

Reactions: Chaz Sutherland
hotmail ? lol time to update dude......

gmail is free still

True-true. However, Hotmail is my catchall and a security gate of sorts. If a forum gets hacked—which over a dozen of these kind of forums I frequent have suffered—then the amount of damage is minimized since my Hotmail doesn't hook into any of my essential accounts.

The moderators have no user-editing functions. I cannot tell you why an email account is banned, sorry. If you really gotta have it changed to that email I will have to contact the administrator (owner) of the site.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.