How 24 bits recordings pass to 16 bits for burning?

Cirkus

From
Trois-Rivières, Quebec
Gear owned
Tascam dp 24
As the title ask in the the thread. I am recording multi tracks with 24 bits and 48 hz settings. So, I know that I will need to have a 16 bits and 44.1 hz settings on the master to burn it. Well..... What can I do to got it? Is that automatic after the dithering? If not, is there another way with build in fonctions?

Only guessing from the manual, but seems the conversion to 16 bit is automatic after dithering. It doesn't mention converting 48K to 44.1K, but when writing the master to CD it says it will only display files which are 16/44.1 so suggest you just try it. If the file is displayed, then it must have been converted. If not, you'll have to transfer the file to a computer for converting, in which case you could burn it there as well.

Yes, I read it converts automatically in 16 bits.

Assuming it will do the same conversion with the Hz from 48 to 44.1, because 48 Hz is not an option for 16 bits?

48KHz is a valid option for 16bits. If it's like the dp32sd model, you can create songs at any of the 4 combinations: 16/44.1, 16/48, 24/44.1, 24/48. It's the CD which needs 16/44.1 files for burning. Be interesting to know if it does convert the sample rate as well as the no. of bits. Have you tried it yet?

I work in 24 bits at 48 hz rate. It's always a must to work effects at 24 bits than 16 bits even though I convert after. 48 hz because lots of my things go on films and it's the good rate. So.... if I go to 16 bits at 44.1 hz, it's convertable. I just wanted to be sure that the tascam could do it or if I absolutely had to use a computer. If so, I wanted to know the position I had to place the Tascam in the production chain as I am planning my future sessions for summer.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.