How do you move forward/backward measure by measure?

Ugly Bunny

Gear owned
DP-32SD, Model 12
There's gotta be a way, right? I can only seem to navigate to the beginning or end of the recording with the buttons or scroll with the knob, but I can never find the absolute start of a measure. What am I missing?

@Ugly Bunny
Page 51 of the manual:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Making metronome settings

Specific metronome settings can be made.
  1. When the recorder is stopped, select CLICK on the MENU Screen, and open the CLICK Screen. (see “Menu operation procedures” on page 29)

2. Select METRONOME on the CLICK Screen, and open the METRONOME Screen.

3. Turn the MULTI JOG dial to select a metronome setting item. Then, press the MULTI JOG dial.
    The corresponding setting item screen will open.

BAR DISP

This sets the display of the time counter on the Home Screen.

Options: OFF (default), ON

When ON, the time counter on the Home Screen switches to bars and beats, showing the tempo and time signature in the B area.
    The maximum number of bars that can be shown is 10000.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reactions: -mjk-
Thanks, Max, yeah, I found that and have had it set like that since I first turned it on :)

You know what the problem is (was)? The last song I was working on was in 6/8 and when I was scrolling using the jog dial, for some reason, I was expecting beats 1-4 still, instead of 1-6, so I was like, "why am I seeing 5?!?"

In any case, I'm in a new song now and tested it and the jog wheel does move beat by beat, so it's easy enough to find the start of each measure.

Sorry, like most things, I give up on something after trial and error and reading the manual, then I post about it, then I figure it out before I get a reply lol. Happens all the time. I think something about finally asking for help gives my brain room to breathe and find the solution.

In any case, thank you for the response. I do wish there was a quick way to go measure by measure (as my original question asked), but at least I know that I can easily find the measures' downbeats when I need to :)

Happy you succeed. IIRC you can use the jog dial to scroll measure to measure by positioning the cursor under the proper unit (bar, beat, step) and rotating. Place a mark to reach the location quickly using the arrow buttons, if necessary assign the Mark function to F4.

New threads

Members online