How to change battery in DM24

Marko James

Gear owned
Tons
would love to have details so I don't mess it up if any one had a doc about it

What type of battery does the Tascam DM-24 mixer use? And where can I get one?
And how can I replace the battery myself!

I will appreciate all the help.
Thanks.

Hubert

Thank you for the help. I couldn’t understand the language in the video (it sounds like German) but I saw the battery and the type. I have three of those at home and I can’t find them in the house. I’ll pick some at the store. How long does such a battery last inside the DM24? How many years?

Hubert

Hallo Hubert,
yes I am from Germany - You can use the youtube-subtitle to change it into English ;-)

It depends on Using the DM-24.
In my DM-24 I use the battery about 20 Years - and after changing the old battery it had anyway an Voltage about 3V. Nevertheless, I changed it - because i have open the Device for change 1 Fader from an other Mixer ;-)

Stefan

Hello Stefan,

I am using my DM24 with Tascam MX2424 and I want to control MX2424 with DM24 with Midi and MMC. Do have schematics for DM24 controlling MX2424 in mixdowns while I remotely control the recording on MX2423 with RC2424?

I will check out the battery video on YouTube. What is the YouTube link?

Thank you for your help.

Hubert

I’m in the process of opening up my DM24. There 10 screws I have to remove to see the battery and replace it. I was going to upload photos of my mixer but I don’t have permission to do so. Which screws should I remove?

I changed the battery and now the mixer can save settings. The battery didn’t snap in as other batteries do. Does the battery need to snap in? I couldn’t find a way to pull the battery out except by flipping the top and removing the old battery.
Thank you Stefan.

Regards,
Hubert

That’s fine. I’m no longer inside the DM-24. It’s such a labor to get inside there. The screws are back and the machine is working so far. How will I know the batteries are working?

New threads

Members online