How to Reset Tascam DM4800 Desk?

paul

Gear owned
tascm dm 4800
Help!! Im running a Tascam Dm4800 Desk coupled with Logic 7 (as DAW). I've encountered a few hinderences and am now considering a factory reset of the desk to start fresh and begin signal routing from scratch....

Q: How do I reset the Tascam DM4800?

...thanks in advance.

Look at the Service Manuals topic in this forum. There you can download part 1 of the service manual, which gives you instructions to boot up your DM in "Diagnostics Mode". In this mode you can initialize your DM.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not published in manuals or online, but can be shared w/customers as needed. NOTE there is rarely an actual need to use this procedure (which is why it's not public)

This procedure will also clear anything saved. Use with caution.
Make sure there is no memory card inserted.

1. Power on the DM-3200 while simultaneously holding down the following buttons:
SHIFT + 1/L (Output Select) + 2/R (Output Select)

2. Cursor down and select SRAM INIT. Press the ENTER button twice.

3. Cursor down and select EXIT. Press the ENTER button.

4. Create a new project.

Next to that "JARNO" Tascam isn't supporting any forum any more because a thew people on the forum where putting everybody down, but also don't have any clue what they are talking about. I hope you are proud with this title from Tascam.

Oh, you work for Tascam, do you? You should meet up with the Tascam engineer who reads and participates in this very forum at the watercooler someday and compare notes. (To my knowledge Tascam never "supported" any forum in any way but casual participation.)

BTW, your super-secret reset code is exactly what Jarno described (booting in diagnostic mode), and yes, it IS in the manual.

Look, if you have any valuable information, then share it. But if you have BS personal attacks to make because somebody hurt your widdle feelings, then you can bugger off.

But I will tell you this: mis-sharing "top secret" information and making snarky posts about forum members doesn't make you sound, as I'm sure you imagine it does, like a Big Time Insider Dude. On the contrary, it makes you sound like you live in your Mom's basement.

Gravity Jim said:
To my knowledge Tascam never "supported" any forum in any way but casual participation.
In matter of fact they used to sponsor/own the original TASCAM forums. But it was long before my time.

Gravity Jim said:
But if you have BS personal attacks to make because somebody hurt your widdle feelings, then you can bugger off.
While generaly accepting, I have to tell: I'm mature enough not to care about these kind of pointless personal attacks. Didn't hurt me a bit. Only thing I found insulting was putting my name in quotes. There's no need for that, since it's the name written in my passport.

Gravity Jim said:
On the contrary, it makes you sound like you live in your Mom's basement.
Be careful, Jim. That could be interpreted as a personal attack and the person attacked may not be mature enough to handle it. (Did I hear someone yelling: "MOM!" :p :twisted: )

Jarmo, I'm not saying the poster DOES live in his mom's basement. I'm just saying that, as a rule, when you try to sound like you have greater knowledge than you do, you end up SOUNDING that way. Not a personal attack, just some friendly advice.

Next to that "JARNO" Tascam isn't supporting any forum any more because a thew people on the forum where putting everybody down, but also don't have any clue what they are talking about. I hope you are proud with this title from Tascam.,

If you don't mind my asking, what in the blue hell does that mean? I recognize two familiar names - 'Jarno' and 'Tascam.' But the rest of it reads like a newspaper after it was shredded by house cats :)

CaptDan

Reactions: Peter Batah

New threads

Members online