How to tilt MU-1000 meter bridge

waterstrum

Veteran
Gear owned
dm
Probably a dumb question.
I'd like to tilt the meter bridge back a bit.
I'm sitting higher for mixing and it would improve the experience.

Before I start bending things or creating an adapter for the new angle, I'm wondering if there is a built in solution.

On the back of the MU, there are two odd pistons with thumbscrews.
Mine don't budge, but I thought maybe they were designed as tilt adjusters.
If not, I wonder what the purpose is.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The meter bridge on these consoles will tilt (relative to the console surface slope it sits on) 90 to 40 degrees back. You could be sitting with your head higher than the nine foot ceiling above mine and it would still be viewable, unless your console itself is at an extreme angle.
Anyway, it should easily pivot back unless it is somehow stuck in place.

Mine also tilts easily as J L Bowie suggests. I'd look at the hinge and see if anything is bound up. Perhaps it's too tight and either loosening the pins or screws (whatever it uses) or just applying a tiny amount of lubrication will free it up for you. And of course, check to assure there's not something it keeps hitting that obstructs or limits its tilt (I've certainly missed something simple like that in the past myself more than once).

Mine also tilts , actually very easily. I would suggest you remove the 4 screws holding the MU-1000 . Remove the meter bridge and with a silicone base lubricant, lubricate it. Some penetrating lubricants can damage paint and plastics so penetrating is a no no.

Reactions: waterstrum
Thanks to all! Yes, it was stuck from years of not moving it. I was afraid to push it. I took it off and gently freed up the travel. Excellent!

New threads

Staff online

Members online