HUI Emulate with dm3200 to protools?

Darryn

Veteran
Gear owned
dm3200
Hi Guys,

Its likely that there is already a thread on this topic, but it is not easy to find it, alas, it is not easy to find anything on these forums. I still don't understand the layout of it. But nevertheless, i'd appreciate anyone who can help me setup full fader and control functionality with protools and dm3200.

I want automation, faders and buttons (play, pause, record ect..) to work on my dm with protools .

macbook pro running high sierra 10.13.6 , latest protools, dm3200.

Thanks in advance

@Darryn Try this:

I'll see if I can dig up some documentation for you.

Reactions: Darryn

Attachments

• dm3200_hui_V111.pdf
    189.5 KB · Views: 10
Thanks Peter, everything seems to be working fine! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter Batah
Glad that everything worked out @Darryn

The link I posted is a search query result.

Reactions: Peter Batah
I'd like to add that a search result on this forum defaults to Google results instead of site results. It's a bug. There is a tiny tab at the top where you can switch to site results. Got me baffled too when I first arrived on this otherwise excellent forum.

I'd like to add that a search result on this forum defaults to Google results instead of site results. It's a bug. There is a tiny tab at the top where you can switch to site results. Got me baffled too when I first arrived on this otherwise excellent forum.

OIC. I checked the link and I was able to find the forum results at tee bottom. Noted for future reference. Thank you!

Ok, so 4 years on still haven't used this functionality. After i switched from Mac to PC things stopped working and I guess i never really needed it at the time. But I would be very keen in particular to get to control the Volume automation in Protools using my dm3200 console. Can this be controlled with HUI?

In any case, I've correctly connected the HUI emulate inside the DM and done the necessary steps in Protools. . Im in remote layer and nothing is being controlled in protools yet. I noticed when i select the "control" and look at the HUI screen the "select assign" 1-8 and 8-16 was nothing assigned to it yet, while in others I've seen they have things assigned. Is this done in the routing page? Please see attached Picture

Attachments

• CONTROL.jpg
    CONTROL.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.