I can't uninstall IFFWD mkII on my Mac

Dizzi45Z

Gear owned
DM3200
I am on a 2019 Mac Pro. When I upgraded, I had Mac move all my stuff over to the new system. The problem is that it moved over the Extension for the IFFWD mkII on my new Mac. I no longer use my DM 3200 (sold it). I just need to uninstall the extension.

I regularly get the message when I boot up my computer: "Legacy System Extension Existing software on your system loaded a system extension signed by "TEAC CORPORATION" which will be incompatible with a future version of macOS. Contact the developer for support."

The problem is that the Uninstaller on MacOS Big Sur 11.6 has the uninstaller show up as a circle with a cross through it. When I click on it to try to uninstall, I get the message: "IFFWDMmkIIUninstaller" needs to be updated. The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information."

I have gone into all of the extension folders on my mac to try to delete manually. I found the IFFWDMmkII.kext file in my Macintosh HD/Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions Folder. But it will not allow me to delete it. Nothing happens when I try to delete it or move it out of the folder.

I found some articles on trying to remove the extensions https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/372684/how-to-delete-kexts-in-catalina which involved booting in safe mode and trying to remove it with Terminal etc. But no matter what I have tried, nothing works.

So that's why I am here. Hoping someone might have some answer that can help me figure this out. Thanks.

Hey there. I haven’t had this problem (Haven’t installed that driver) but did you carefully try the steps under 5, towards the bottom of that page from the link you provided? The part that starts with “When booted to macOS Recovery the Macintosh HD i”

please be careful - It can be tricky to mess w .kext files, but you are definitely looking in a good place to solve your issue.

#5 mentions that using the terminal once booted in Recovery Mode might work. Go very very slowly - and try renaming rather than deleting, as that step mentions - I hope you fix it easily!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.