IF-FW/DM MkII on Windows 8 (64bit)

zcon

From
Switzerland
Gear owned
DM 4800, DM-24
So here's my problem: Everything worked perfectly on Windows 7. Now since I installed Windows 8, Windows recognizes the IF-FW as a USB-Audio-Device, and the IF-FW-Driver can't find a Device (of course). Even changing the Driver in the Device Manager to the installed IF-FW/DM MkII doesn't help at all. I've done everything as i'm beeing told in the manual (e.g. installing the driver, rebooting and then connect the fw-cable). Several times. System restored, tried again, same thing...

Now I've googled for quite a while and there's nothing about Windows 8 compatibility, not even here... Now this is my last hope... Please help me :cry:

this is the topic everybody knew was coming :)

I guess its just the same road as the windows 7 drivers. Patience...

I know Redbus (Tascam engineer) has beta drivers for the FW card that are Win 7 and 8 compatible. Maybe if he reads this he'll send them to you,

cmaffia, that'd be fantastic. i'd send everything about the system, (hopfully no) error messages and stuff if that helps, just please don't let me reinstall everything on 7 again ;)

Send me a PM with your email,. I will send out the beta version of the V1.30 drivers.

As a quick check, look in the Device Manager for the Microsoft driver for the FireWire chipset. Selecting the Legacy driver helps many machines get lower latency, and solves locking problems). The V1.30 drivers work with the new Windows 7 / Windows 8 FireWire stack, but the legacy drivers are sometimes still better if low latency is desired.

RedBus.

Using the Windows 7 legacy FireWire driver along with the IF/FW 1.30 beta drivers fixed all of my Windows 7 issues.

DM3200 wont lock at 88.2 or 96

I also know using the legacy FW driver fixed Tascman's issue where now he no longer sees the TMC tool reporting dropouts.

Hi Redbus I am having the very same problems, PLEASE give me a shot with the BETA Drivers.

The DM3200 works with Cubase 7 for a limited amount of time then crashes.

If I use the IF/FW 1.21 drivers with Vegas Video frequently I have to go to the Audio (ASIO)Drivers and change them then change them back to unlock them when they freeze.

These Drivers work GREAT with Windows 8.1. Using the HUI Setup with Presonus and removing the "Keep" and Automation Multi in the Automation Preferences gives me a Flawless Sync both ways. Finally it works Flawless as a controller and with the 32 Channel Card at 96 and 48, THANKS TASCAM!

I've had this thing for 3 years and just this month with your Help I totally get it!

Reactions: captdan
Hi Guys
Ive been using my DM4800 for around 3 years now. I absolutely love the board, although it had a bit of a learning curve to get it going. My concern is about a 64 bit driver for win8. I am so glad that there is a driver available. I had to change my previous board because it had no 64 bit drivers. So I am wondering if I could have a copy of the Beta drivers for Win 8 please?

Thank you for an awesome and informative forum!

Regards

Charl

Seek and you shall find.

Redbus would you be able to pass me the beta driver for Win 8 pls?
Will be so much appreciated!

Thanks a million!

CJ

Since this thread was posted last year, I have found that sending anything with an executable file in it, like the driver files, will be blocked by gmail. The actual files themselves are already here on the board ready for you to download here
Username: iffwdm
Password: firefly
I just checked the page and everything is there. Look for V1.30f9. Be advised, these are Beta drivers, not officially released by Tascam. But I've used them with no problems.

Last edited:
Tip for Win 8/64 power users: Don't try to run Hyper-V virtual machines on the same machine you use for IF-FW/DMmkII audio, even if they are just "idling" and not taking up processor cycles.
The Hyper-V virtual network introduces awful awful DPC latencies -> audio dropouts.

Send me a PM with your email,. I will send out the beta version of the V1.30 drivers.

As a quick check, look in the Device Manager for the Microsoft driver for the FireWire chipset. Selecting the Legacy driver helps many machines get lower latency, and solves locking problems). The V1.30 drivers work with the new Windows 7 / Windows 8 FireWire stack, but the legacy drivers are sometimes still better if low latency is desired.

RedBus.
Hi RedBus, is it possible to send me a copy of that V1.30 driver also?
Rick915

Rick...Look up three replies ago to see how you can download the latest drivers without waiting for (or bothering) Redbus.

So bumping this again for clarity.... I am getting a dm32 w/FW and wondered if the legacy drivers mentioned here are still better then the new drivers... or not..?
I guess that is the question. System is Win 7 64... but I guess now that Win 10 is out I would be curious on any success?..

New threads

Members online