cmaffia

Staff member
From
Queens, New York
Website
cmaffia.wix.com
Gear owned
2 x DM3200, DA-3000
It's August of 2o22... and it's been a long time since I created a new post!

Hope all is well with everyone.

Onto the question:

Many of us (like myself) probably have old Windows hardware still running our DM3200's and DM4800's. My Sweetwater Creation Station was purchased in 2012 and is running Windows 10 (I stopped the Windows updates (actually ALL software updates) years ago to mitigate any incompatibility or corruption issues.

I, and many others here I'm sure, would like to know what current PC motherboards & FireWire cards are compatible with the IF-FW/DMmkII?

Aside from purchasing spare mixer parts and backup DM's, the PC is the next weakest link in keeping these mixers alive.

Thanks,
Charlie

Reactions: mixerizer
Hey Charlie, good to see you back here again! I'm also running Windows 10, but have done all updates so far (without problems I might add) and I'm not quite ready to renew the PC yet. But the time will come soon enough, maybe also because Windows 11 will not install on my hardware (built in 2011).

AFAIK, @Peter Batah is the most recent PC 'new builder' in the forum, but I'm sure he'll chime in..

Hello Charlie @cmaffia So nice to see you back again. As @Arjan P mentioned I did put together a new PC (which I am happy to report has proven to be very reliable to date). I would be happy to share the build list with you if you wish. Have a wonderful day / weekend. Peter

Reactions: mixerizer
Hey Arjan and Peter. Thanks for the welcome back. Yes please if you have a build list please share!

im a Mac user but i scooped up the build list nonetheless - thanks Peter and hey there cmaffia, thx for all the great and informative posts here to date!

Reactions: Peter Batah
Thanks Peter and hello Mixerizer. This is great info Peter. Your info will be a Plan B for sure. I think my Plan A is to get a back up board of my existing workstation. I had no idea they are still plentiful after so many years. Makes more sense to do a swap and not have to deal with new drivers and unknowns. Only question I have to look into is how Windows 10 licensing will deal with a new CPU if I ever swap out the same board with the existing hard drive.... hmmmmm

Hello Charlie, good to see you.
In answer to your question about Windows 10 licensing: I have experienced exactly the scenario you have described, from changing out system components (Processors, motherboards, main drives, etc.) to switching a Windows 10 license from one system to another, and never had any issues reactivating. Nothing special or arduous in the process, it just works.
Jack

Thanks for the confirm J L. That’s good to hear!

Interesting topic guys. I built a system last year and it's rock solid. My DM4800 is loving it. I'm getting an average Max DPC Latency of 64uS (from IF-FW/DMmkII Control Panel) which I've never seen as consistently low before and running at a buffer setting of 64 with 32 I/O channels. Firmware version 1.10(88685) Driver version 1.309(176851).

Using LatencyMon 7 I get the following results -
Current measured interrupt to process latency 41.10 us
Highest measured interrupt to process latency 61.20 us
Current reported ISR routine execution time 11.000571 us
Current reported DPC routine execution time 91.690068 us

Here is a list of my build-

Windows 10 64bit LTSC build 21H2 (lastest updates)
INTEL CORE I9-11900K
ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING
KINGSTON HYPERX FURY RGB 64GB 3200MHZ DDR4
3 x SAMSUNG 980 PRO 1TB 3-BIT MLC V-NAND M.2
3 x 6TB WD BLACK HDD
THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER PF1 750W 80+ PLATINUM
NOCTUA NH-D15S
SIGG DP FireWire 800 3 port PCIe

Hope this helps.

New threads

Members online