IF/FW-DMmkII drivers running under El Capitan

i just installed el capitan and my IF-FW MKII doesn't work, NO DEVICE FOUND, instead as a controller on Logic pro x still work fine
any ideas?

So I guess this is a prime example that illustrates that things can change from the GM to the actual release. I think Gravity Jim is the only person that's reported so far that it's working for him but that was with the GM. I'm not going to install until I know that all my drivers needed for my audio stations work and probably until there's at least a couple of dot releases ... as should everyone who relies on their machine!

I emailed tascam support and they said they wouldn't know if the IF-FW/DMmkII drivers would be compatible with El Capitan till it was released. I sent the mail to them late Wednesday and got that reply yesterday so it doesn't make me feel as though an update is a priority to Tascam!

See the main pinned thread here. Tascam hasn't officially released a "supported" driver in ages. Luckily we have someone here who keeps things up to date with the beta drivers for us or our consoles would have been sent out to pasture years ago.

That's true, but I haven't seen a recent Mac beta driver. The one that is referenced in one of the other threads is for windows. The only Mac driver I've seen on here is fairly old and doesn't work in El Capitan anyhow. Sadly, I think Tascam is going to leave us hanging for a while with this one if they EVER release an update. It took them forever to just get the DM-3200 Mixer Companion working! Well, my fingers are crossed but...

Did you even LOOK at that? There's a link to the beta page with a username and password that has what you are looking for.

I quoted and replied to your request on that other thread to include the login details that you were asking about.

When I logged in it downloaded the Windows version of the driver. Let me look again

Look either at the very end of the thread, not just the first post (I quoted and replied on the last page of posts) -- or scroll part way down the first page of it to the spot that shows the page with all the drivers and the login and password to get there.

Thanks Gerk. I tried it again and I'm in. Last time I tried it didn't go to a PAGE, it just downloaded a .exe file to my computer. Sorry to be such a pain but I haven't used this forum too much and I must have gotten confused. I appreciate the help you've given and all the info available here.

That's the latest and greatest. Now that said others have reported that it doesn't actually work in El Capitan on a clean install, so not sure if it will solve the problem or not, but the person that makes those drivers is a member here and hopefully he will find some time in the near future to chase this down and do some updates for u! In the meantime I suggest not using El Capitan or at the very least installing the driver in an older OS before you update (which may or may not work, it worked for Jim .. but I'm not going to try it on my system to find out!)

I just downloaded the latest mac driver and voila! It works in OS X 10.11.1!

Thanks for your patience and help with this Gerk and to everyone else here!

Great to hear. What machine do you have? I'm just wondering why it works for some and not others ...

Interesting update. I may have posted too soon!

I'm running Logic 10.2. I have it on my main drive under Yosemite and i have an additional copy installed on a separate drive under El Capitan. El Capitan had not been recognizing my IF-FW/DMmkII either in the sound preference pane or as the audio output device from within Logic Pro, but Logic was working through the internal speaker in my Mac Pro (3,1) for whatever that's worth. After this long thread I finally figured out how to get to the beta page and downloaded the latest beta of the IF-FW/DMmkII software (thanks for that!) and installed it. Upon restart it appeared as though everything was working because I was able to assign the IF-FW/DMmkII to my system sound VIA the Sound Preference pane. However, after I installed it, Logic Pro would hang while launching. I uninstalled the IF-FW/DMmkII software but still no luck. I trashed Logic Pro and re-installed but alas, no luck. I re-installed OS X 10.11 and Logic Pro 10.2 and still no luck! My Yosemite Logic Pro install still works normally so I'm not sure what gives.

This is now a quest! I'll post if anything changes.

My experiences with El Capitan have been troubling at best so far. Many of my software instruments (Arturia, Native) don't work at all.

I don't care. Try to spread a little cheer and it turns into this. And actually, I do make friends easily among people who appreciate a little wit or a fine turn of phrase. :cool:

I'm so over this whole forum thing.

I thought it was pretty funny, actually. Don't give up on us though, you're one of the good ones!!

I don't care. Try to spread a little cheer and it turns into this. And actually, I do make friends easily among people who appreciate a little wit or a fine turn of phrase. :cool:

I'm so over this whole forum thing.

Hey, Jim:
I was worried when I saw that you were "inactive"; then saddened when Captain Dan left; was excited to see your listing say: Well-Known Member; and now, saddened again when it looks like you might be leaving again.
You are a valuable asset to this forum, and I know I'm not along when I say I so appreciate your well informed wisdom and wit that you share with us all.
I love the written word, but it can too easily be misunderstood or misconstrued. I know how quickly the spirit in which a well-meaning sender can be mis-inferred.
I ask that you stay with us, knowing that there a bunch of us out here who need your great advise and help, and consider you an incredible asset.
Thank you for all your great advise and information.

I wish to join in the party and say that since updating to El Capitan my OS also doesn't recognise the sound card.
I saw that someone mentioned a beta version of the driver here but I still haven't tried to use it.
My machine is MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014).
I would highly appreciate any form of solution.

Thanks much!
omer

I don't think they work in El Capitan yet, but you're welcome to try and let us know how it works out for you. I'm personally not updating yet because it is also not compatible with other gear I have. Here's the info for where to get the beta drivers (copied from the sticked thread here on this forum, first thread at the top)

https://dev.tascam-parc.com/parc_beta/

Username : iffwdm
Password : firefly

The Mac beta driver did work for me in El Capitan beta: however, the GM had massive problem with Audio-MIDI Setup that rendered the rest of my set-up unusable. So I went back to 10.10.5, and am waiting for the plug in guys (NI, Slate, etc.) to sound the all-clear before upgrading.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.