IF mkII Card Was working - now it is not

Nickname Was Taken

Gear owned
DM3200
Is it possible that by connecting different Mac machine (with Catalina) to firewire Slot 1 card, and/while trying to install the mac driver to that Mac, that my dm 3200 firmware could get corrupted? My firmware version is 1.10 build 88685.

I had been using a 2008 macbook pro with Mavericks very successfully without any major STATUS issues, except the occasional Device Not Found, which 99% of the time disappeared with a reboot and proven on start sequence.

But after the events of the first paragraph, I cannot get the firewire connection on my Mac Book Pro made and it only reads No Cable. If I remove the cable and reconnect, I briefly get a Driver Offline few a second or two and then back to the No Cable.

Worth checking the status of your firewire socket/cable. I Just got the same error & it happened after I was rewiring the some of the inputs at the back. I can see my FW400 socket seems to be broken. Machine makes a temporary connection (driver off line) when I fiddle with the pins & push the cable in. I have ordered a new connector & am soldering it tomorrow. Hopefully that is the issue.

Update - No joy I'm afraid. Installed a new firewire connector but still same message - 'No Cable'.

When I plug the cable in there is a temporary 'Driver offline' message which disappears straightaway.

Tried a different cable on the Mac Pro. It is not working with another MacBook Pro from before (was working fine earlier) & tried with another MacBook after a fresh install with gatekeeper omitted.

OSX Mojave
Firmware 1.10 Build 88685
Firewire Version 1.30f10 (188754)

If anyone has any clever ideas please, please share as this is a bit of a disaster really - unable to record to Logic via the DM4800.

Cheers

Fib

Last edited:
Does it still make intermittent contact if you wiggle it? If the answer is "yes" I would break out the soldering gear again and touch up every pad on the entire board.

Thanks for your reply. The momentary intermittent only says 'driver offline' rather than 'locked' etc.

Have you pulled the cable while mixer/computer where connected? The transceiver chip is known to fry on FW equipment if you hotplug stuff. Otherwise indeed the connector.

I didn't hot plug or anything but I was behind the mixer organising stuff prior to it failing so possibly...

I had to urgently get a RME PCIe ADAT card to keep working but hoping to get this fixed - sending it to Germany where these people say they can.

Reactions: Jerome Williams
Could you possibly give me the contact information to Germany please? I have a card that needs repair also

New threads

Members online

No members online now.