Import From A Computer

John O'Brien

Gear owned
DP006
Does anyone know where I can find a video to show you how to IMPORT a stereo mix on WAV format to track 4.

I bought a DP006 during lockdown so that I can e-mail my writing partner a stereo mix of something I am working on in my studio. He would then IMPORT to the DP006 work on his parts on tracks 1-3 then export a mix of them all individually to me so that I can put them on my Logic Pro on my Mac.

I have just bought this machine but the manual seems to be more about exporting than importing. Non of the video tutorials I found on YouTube show what I am looking for. A numpty proof idiots step by step guide in plain English would be appreciated.

Thanks
J.O'B.

I have a similar pocketstudio device and the IMPORT process is straight forward. Depending on the source file # of channels (mono or stereo) the next dialouge step asks for a target track # or a target pair of tracks. In any case don't forget (from my user manual):
The track(s) that is the destination for the import must be empty.

I have DR series not DP. But if the DP stores its data on a removable SD card,
you can do what I do move the SD card to a computer and use the file manager
to copy existing WAV files from computer to SD.
If you plan to multitrack on the recorder, put the recorder into MTR mode.
Use the browser and Quick button to CREATE new empty songs.
Be sure the format of the song(s) matches your existing tracks (e.g. wav, 16bit, 48000)
Move the SD card to the computer. Copy the existing recordings into the SONG folder(s).
Delete existing empty tracks and rename the existing recordings to match exactly
the format of the other filenames.
(For example on a DR: Songs are in folder [MTR].
Each song has its own folder, for example [210330_0003] if created 2021-march-30
Within the newly created song folder are track files 210330_0003_TR1.wav,
*_TR2.wav, *_TR3.wav, *_TR4.wav . Delete the ones you wish to replace
and rename your recordings to match.
Transfer the card back to the recorder, browse to the existing song,
and choose (empty) tracks to re-record, while playing the ones you just
"imported".

Cumbersome but it works. Remember that the file formats must match.
I tried doing this using the Wifi connection app (DR_CONTROL) but somehow
the app cannot browse to songs. I can browse the 4CH recordings, through.

Hope this helps.
Bruce

Non of the video tutorials I found on YouTube show what I am looking for. A numpty proof idiots step by step guide in plain English would be appreciated.
Forgot to link to one of the many useful YT videos: Did you already see this?

Reactions: Leah Rogan

New threads

Members online

No members online now.