Import track using sd card

John Freeman

Gear owned
Tascam DP24-SD
Is it not possible to import tracks via Audio Depot on SD card rather than direct connection with computer?

Welcome to the forum.

The answer to your question is in the Equipment Tips sticky. The index to the posts in that sticky is in the first post.

If you still have questions about Audio Depot after reviewing the sticky posts, please return to this thread and ask away.:)

Yep - the Equipment Tips sticky thread at the top of the forum should help you get squared away.

But John's question causes me to consider a possible misunderstanding. And if the misunderstanding is mine - I apologize.

To be clear - the Audio Depot folder is *on the SD card*. So - whether you remove the SD card from the DP----> then insert SD card in your computer----> then move the files on to the card and in to the Audio Depot folder - and then put the card back in the DP to import the files to tracks of your choosing....

or....

....you connect a USB cable and move the files in to the Audio Depot folder by having your computer see the card as it sits un-removed from the DP.... the result is *exactly* the same.

I choose to keep a USB cable permanently connected from the DP to a laptop.... mainly so that after years and years of removing and inserting the card.... I don't wear out the card or the slot/tabs, etc.

The result is the same... but I perceive the USB connection to be less "destructive" over time.

Hope this helps.

A quick follow-up to David's thoughts:

As mentioned in the Equipment Tips sticky, another use of Audio Depot is to consolidate a fragmented recorded track into one contiguous file.

You use Audio Depot to Export the recorded track to the Audio Depot folder on the SD card, and then use Audio Depot to Import the consolidated track from the Audio Depot folder. No computer needed.

Last edited:
Is it not possible to import tracks via Audio Depot on SD card rather than direct connection with computer?

The only way to import tracks is from the Audio Depot folder on the SD card. The "direct connection" to the computer is merely a USB file transfer protocol. While the USB function is active, all other machine operations are suspended. All one can do with the USB connection is transfer files. After that, the USB connection must be properly terminated and then import operations are possible on the copied files.

Reactions: Mark Richards
Forgive my ongoing confusion, not real savvy with this kind of stuff. I need to import a track into a song but do not have a mini B type USB cable and live far from town. I have put the track in Audio Depot but do not how to add it to a track in the song. When I click on import I get a caution can not import" message

@John Freeman check your song resolution settings. They must match the files being imported.

@John Freeman I highly suggest that you read all the sticky topics at the top of the forums, and watch all of Phil Tipping's videos. In the end, those will save you this kind of trouble. Also, be sure to keep the firmware updated to the latest version.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.