Importing to Model 24 from DP-32SD

David T

Gear owned
2488Neo, Model 24
Can the tracks of a DP-32SD be imported directly to the tracks of a Model 24?

I've scoured the manual, googled it and searched for it.

You can import anything you want into either machine as long as they are a .wav file in any combination of:
  • 16 bit
  • 24 bit
  • 44.1kHz
  • 48 kHz
When importing, the track resolution settings must match the song settings.

Thanks for the quick response.

I understand you can import a .wav file to say, track 1 of a Model 24 and then build up a song around that, but I'm talking about importing the individual tracks from a DP-32SD directly to the corresponding tracks of a Model 24. Can the drums on track 1, bass on track 2, and guitar on track 3 of a DP32-SD be imported to tracks 1, 2 and 3 on a Model 24?

Last edited:
Does the DP32-SD have individual outs per channel? If so, then I would say yes, you can do that. If it does not, then you're most likely out-of-luck. You will not be able to use the USB input on a Model 24 as the DP32-SD won't be recognized as a host computer.

@David T sorry, now I understand what you mean by "imported directly": you mean can the tracks be brought into the Model 24 in the same order.

The user manual shows the procedure for importing audio files (misleadingly called "tracks" - why do they do that?) into the Model 24. There is no mention of selecting the Model 24's tracks (it's internal multitrack recorder) to bring the audio file into. It would appear that the Model 24 imports to the next available open track. That being said, you can select the audio file being imported, so once you figure out how it works, I would say that it's possible to import the tracks in a particular order. Import a file and see where it goes, make adjustments, etc.. Proper file naming would be crucial to that operation.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.