Input level low

Henk

Gear owned
us1641
Hi all,

new member here from the netherlands. so please bear with me ;)

My band has a tascam us1641 in our rehearsal room. My complete drumkit (8 mics) is connected to port 1-9. on the front we also one mic for the guitarist and one for the bass player. so our front side is full in regards to inputs.
The issue now is that our singer has a wireless microphone which, if I place it in one of the drum inputs, has good recording levels. But if I put his wireless in on of the back port (input 13 or 14 for example) the input is very low.
Is this something we cannot change? or am I using the input in a wrong way? I think I'm missing some key info here.

regards,
Henk

Hi Henk and welcome! (Welkom!) The issue is most likely that apparently your singer's mic receiver has a microphone level output and that doesn't match with the channels 13/14 expected line level. Does the reciever have any other type of output? Which mic system is it?

Reactions: Henk
Ah, okay. Did you try changing the switch on the back from 'Mic' to 'Line'? That should do the trick IMO.

Also, you should be able to change the output volume on the front of the unit. But I think the switch should do it.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online