Intermittent Sound crackling and skipping

barooki

Gear owned
tascam dp 32sd
DP32sd works fine for a few days, then tracks will sporadicly crackle ( similar to the sound like a faulty cable ) and will also occasionally skip. Will happen in different places on the track. Next day sounds fine. few days later same thing again on different tracks and different places.Then works fine for a couple more days before return. Original SD card from 6 month old unit. Do I need a new card? Thanks.

Start here to troubleshoot your issue(s). Take the time to browse the wealth of information already provided here by users who have dedicated their time to put this information together. It's a powerful resource - and by what you're reporting you are almost certainly going to find the solution to your problem. If you exhaust all other possible solutions - then come back here and one or more of us will step in to help.

(Hint: What you're reporting sounds like a classic case of either an SD card issue, firmware that has not been updated, or both.)

https://www.tascamforums.com/threads/dp-24-32-sd-new-members-please-read-this-first.7917/

Last edited:
Thanks for the response, I did go through the posts and I will look into firmware updating which I hopefully can became educated on.

Reactions: David Porter
Upgrading the firmware is a snap. There's a good chance it will fix your crackling and skipping issue. This is/was a known, common issue with the early firmware. The instructions on how to do it are in the manual and also come in the firmware file package as I recall.

Just google "Tascam DP-32SD firmware" to find it.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online