Is it that time?

Will Miho

Veteran
Gear owned
DM4800 DM24
I'd like to see a DM-ALPHA console, a 4800 with a smaller, much lighter footprint, and a different Led screen that does not fail, engineered to stay cool even in the many studios they don't keep them cool enough. With upgraded chips that can power 4 internal effects engines, take in multiple 5.1 channels and assign them to the external monitors buttons, maybe with a remote app for control from a stage or room, and a few graphic EQ's with RTA... And a driver than allows 2 firewire cards on your DAW so you can record 64 channels!

Many stores now say DM-4800 - unavailable. The ones that do have her discounted to $3500.
A great great console for studio applications, but a bit of a boatanchor for remotes and now seems EOL in terms of manufacturing?

One of Tascam's best products ever though. Thanks, Tascam.

It may or may not be that time. A Tascam rep told some people at Full Compass that the 4800 would be discontinued but the 3200 would remain in production; that was about a year ago, and it may be true. But when I bought my 3200 (started shopping in September 2012, took delivery in December), I was hearing rumors and seeing the stuff you're seeing now... mind-blowing discounts, lots of retailers saying "not available" (one going so far as to label it "discontinued"). I finally decided, with the help of this forum, that the discounts were so incredible (Full Compass went a significant step beyond the others) and the unit so perfect for what I was trying to achieve that I didn't care if it was EOL or not. Turns out the rumors of its death were greatly exaggerated.

Time for more speculation on the replacement? Perhaps there won't be one????

New threads

Members online

No members online now.