Is the SUB the only stereo output (other than main oc) that the Model 24 has?

kanirasta

Gear owned
Tascam Model 24
I'm trying to drive an external stereo multiFX (Zoom Multistomp MS-70) and it seems that Mon 1, Mon 2, and FX are all mono outputs, is that right?

In any case, would it make that big of a difference as long as the return from the FX goes to a stereo channel?

Thanks!

I’m not the expert around here…but: IIRC, you send a mono-out (like one of your AUX sends) to the FX unit, and stereo returns back to either input channels or a stereo Send return-input. I’d advise, but I’ve never even SEEN a Modelxx!:rolleyes:

Good luck-

Reactions: kanirasta
If those are guitar effects then they expect a mono input anyway. Most hardware units have mono inputs.

Impressive little box.
I did note that the inputs AND the outputs on it are provided in both mono and stereo. So you COULD go out from the '24 in mono (such as an Aux send?), and return in EITHER stereo or mono.

Sorry I can't help you with the '24's outputs. I don't have one - have never even SEEN one - and I'm too lazy to research the OM for you...:rolleyes:
BUT: just looking at a detailed photo of one, I see that EVERY channel has multiple Aux sends AND can be routed to the Sub mix...BOTH of which have outputs on the top panel (the Sub mix IN STEREO).
Forgive my presumption, but have you ever used an owner's manual to find answers to anything before?!?o_O
Hints

Reactions: Max Relic
Thanks Shredd. Yes, I do read and understand manuals. If you notice the title of my post you'll see how I alluded about knowing that the SUB is actually stereo. I just want to know if the other independent outputs (mon 1 and 2) are Mono or stereo cause such information is not stated in the manual, the site, or any other place that I could find. I use the sub for a different thing, that's why I'm trying to find out this info.

@kanirasta Monitor/Aux/Fx outputs are balanced mono, SUB and Main are balanced stereo.
Though the manual apparently doesn't specify explicitly wether said outputs are stereo or mono (chapter 2), the fact that the jacks are TRS type with Hot, Cold and Ground terminals should mean something ;)
You may find the block diagram on page 166 of the OM useful.
Another thing: most contemporary stereo effects processors offer normalized mono input / stereo output option, see the OM for specific details.

Thanks Max. Ended up patching Mon 1 with the mono in of the Ms-70CDR and stereo out to one of the stereo inputs on the Model 24.

Reactions: Max Relic
Great. Be aware that plugging anything in the FX output will inhibit the Model internal effects.

It is. By default is focused on time-based effects such as chorus, delay, reverb. But it can be modded (really simple) and you can include stuff from other pedals such as distortion, amp modelling, etc. Really flexible and sounds very good.

Take a look
Modding

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.