Knob Removal on Tascam 32

Jim Johnson

Gear owned
Tascam 32
Just acquired a Tascam 32 on which I am trying to remove the Output and Function knobs. All other knobs are off the machine however, I cannot seem to find the correct sized hex (?) key to get it done. Removal is necessary so that I can perform a general clean-up and replace the belt. Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Much appreciated.

It is either 1.5mm or 2mm on some machines. Most all the fasteners on Teac-Tascam machines are metric so you need to have tools for that. The right angle wrench sometimes is needed as some amateurs make them way too tight and they do not have to be. Mc Master Carr has a lot of drivers that I have obtained from them. Even JIS drivers too.

Hi Jim,
Did you get the knobs off yet? Also there is the nut around the Pitch control pot and screws three at the bottom of the face plate. The face plate once keyboard connections are unplugged then is hinged up at the top as there is a plastic set of fingers in the center- I often find these broken because people are not trained properly to work on this and they are more a bull in a china shop type worker.

New threads

Members online