Light pipe connectivity

papacarchy54

Gear owned
DM24
I'm new to the linking the DM-24 through optical cables

Here are my questions:

1. I have two MOTU 8 Pre's - can I connect them to the DM-24 and control them with the mixer?
2. Does that involve anything more than just connecting the adat cards on my DM24 to the MOTU 8 Pre's
3. Will I be able to control the faders in Logic studio, since the 8-Pre's are connected with firewire?

1. You need to connect the mixer to your computer to do that. DM24 MIDI to MOTU MIDI. I don't know how to set it up though, you have to read the manual. That's why they pay you the big bucks, for actually reading shit!

2. ADAT connectors carry 8 channels of audio, and no control data at all. Control is transmited and received on the DM24 over the MIDI connectors, the MOTU has MIDI ports and COnnects MIDI to the Computer/DAW over it's firewire connection.

3. Only if you connect the DM24 through MIDI to your DAW. You could do this through the MIDI connectors in back of the MOTU's, if you configure it correctly in software.

Connect the lightpipe audio and get that working first, before you worry about control functions. You sound way over your head and you have to take it step by step.

New threads

Staff online

Members online