Logic Pro X drum combined with Tascam Model 12/16/24

Brendan Boyle

Gear owned
M1516
Well, my 2012 mac finally died after running Logic Pro X seamlessly for almost 10 years! The drum machine in Logic is an integral part of my workflow now, cannot live without. But while I look to redo my studio, I am inspired by the Tascam Model X platform - my first studio was a Yamaha MT1X (4-track) so I love the idea of the old school approach. Very basic use case question, I think the answer is "yes" but would like to hear opinions and differences between each version (12/16/24).
My use case:
I simply want to START with a Logic Pro X session, basic song layout completely defined in Logic, with Logic Drummer, then I want to do MOST OF MY TRACKING in Tascam Model (X?) . Eventually bring it all back to Logic for adding virtual instruments and mixing and mastering. But boy, would that second phase of doing everything on Tascam be great. Can I run a Logic song and it then synchs up whatever I do in Tascam? Any diffs between 12/16/24? I've seen some references to 12 that has "more features" that confuses me.

Reactions: tmalachi13
BIG differences between the M12 and the M16/24 - the M12 is a digital board that can function as a DAW controller, while the M16/24 are analog boards that happen to have an SD recorder attached to them (they do NOT function as DAW controllers, but do have MIDI Time Code).

Those are the basics - I would look in the stickies and on Tascam's site to see all the rest of the goodies you'll get with either model you decide to go with.

Reactions: Brendan Boyle
Ok thanks for that, this is helpful, will dig a bit further, but model 12 seems like it would be able to be driven from Logic.

New threads

Members online